Dr Jennifer Cormack BVSc, BVMS — DIRECTOR/VETERINARIAN
“Being a vet combines her two loves – pets and people”
• Graduated from Murdoch University (WA) in 1992
• Moved permanently to Tasmania and joined NHVH in 1996
• Hobart City Council customer service award 2009
• Provision of retirement home for 15 year old Magic the devon rex cat. Callum has moved next door with the neighbours
• Loves the challenge of a busy work place
Dr Manty Arnott BVSc. (Hons) — DIRECTOR/VETERINARIAN
“Loves all animals but especially enjoys rabbit medicine and surgery”
• Graduated from Queensland University in 1994
• Worked in Hong Kong as a vet from 1996-2006
• Joined NHVH in 2006
• Completed dermatology and ophthalmology 12 month distance education courses
• Has a very soft spot for Labradors and rescue kittens
Dr Deb Kersten BVSc, BVMS — VETERINARIAN
• Graduated from Murdoch University, Western Australia in 1994
• Has worked in mixed and small animal practice in Western Australia, Queensland and Northern Territory
• Moved to Tasmania in 2016 and worked at AHVEC (After Hours Veterinary Emergency Centre)
• Joined the team at North Hobart Veterinary Hospital in 2018
• Special interests in surgery and emergency medicine, and loves working with dogs
Dr Prue Waters B.V.Sc. — VETERINARIAN
“Loves the new challenges the job provides every day”
• Dr Prue Joined NHVH in 2006 after working overseas in the United Kingdom as a vet
• Participated in volunteer programs in Morocco and Thailand before coming back to Australia
• Keen to take on new challenges including exotic pets and wildlife
• Passionate about conservation, enjoys cycling, climbing, bush walking and belly dancing when not at work
Dr Roshan Fantini BVSc. (Hons) MACVS — VETERINARIAN/MEMBER OF THE AUSTRALIAN COLLEGE OF VETERINARY SURGEONS (Feline Medicine)
“Strives to provide cats with exceptional care – drove the Cat Friendly Practice Gold accreditation”
• Graduated Sydney University 2001
• Began work in mixed practice in Tasmania and in the UK before joining NHVH in 2006
• Devoted to our feline friends and strives to make their lives as healthy and happy as possible
• Gained Membership of the ACVS in feline medicine in 2008
• Has a rather feisty cat called Zebbity who started life in a chicken coop
• Dr Roshan is currently on Maternity Leave
Dr Miriam Rustemeyer BVSc, Cert Vet Acupuncture (IVAS), CCRP (Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner -University of Tennessee) — VETERINARIAN
“Believes in proving that Eastern and Western medicine compliment each other successfully”
• Graduated University of Pretoria, South Africa 1997, Certified in Veterinary Acupuncture 2013
• Worked in the Blue Mountains,NSW for 15 years. Relocated to lovely Hobart in September 2015 to join NHVH to offer Rehabilitation, Trigger Point Release, Massage and Acupuncture
• Provides an extensive range of Fitpaws USA rehabilitation Fitballs and other equipment , Rocktape, ‘no shave’ TENS, Dr Busby’s Toe Grips
• Lives down the Channel on a 12 acre property with a couple of indoor feline ‘kids’, and a range of other avian and mammalian friends.
• Strives to offer treatment option discussions to suit all patients and has a special interest in multi modal pain relief for the elderly feline/canine/pocket pet
Dr Henry Sealy, DVM — VETERINARIAN
• Hobart born and raised, Henry studied and worked in Adelaide, before coming back home to work at North Hobart Veterinary Hospital.
• He is passionate about caring for his animal patients (as well as their humans!) and loves building a relationship with both client and patients.
• Henry loves animals of all shapes and sizes but has a soft spot for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
• He is interested in all aspects of small animal medicine and surgery and always keen to learn more.
• In his spare time Henry enjoys the Tassie outdoors biking, hiking, kayaking, climbing, 4wding, camping and going for a swim.
Craig Glennon BBus (Acc) MBA — DIRECTOR
“Wouldn’t want to work anywhere else”
• Third generation Tasmania
• Graduated with Bachelor of Business from University of Tasmania followed by a Master of Business of Administration from Deakin University
• Worked in a variety of industries including accounting, vocational education and aged care before joining the NHVH team in 2011
• Have been a Dalmatian family for many years with two daughters who have carried on the tradition as they both have Dalmatians
• Enjoys home renovating and spending time with family and friends
Dianne Nellis Cert IV Veterinary Nursing & Cert IV Business (Human Resources) — PRACTICE MANAGER
“Can’t ever imagine doing any other job, been in the industry for over 30 years and still love it!”
• Joined the NHVH team in 1997 as a veterinary nurse
• Achieved her nursing certificate then turned her talents to the business as well
• Successful exhibitor and passionate breeder of Boxer dogs
• Has an array of pets including a 38 year old pony Gizmo and his buddy Squirt, a cat called Plum (better known as Blackie), various pet sheep and five Boxer dogs
• Loves how good veterinary care can make a huge difference to the lives of our pets
Cassie Jago House Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (surgery) — HEAD VETERINARY NURSE (Joint Role)
“Being a veterinary nurse fulfills my passion for working with and caring for animals”
• Started work at NHVH in 2001 after previously being a bakery assistant in Burnie.
• Has always had a love for animals and decided in Primary School that she was going to work with animals when she “grew up”
• In 2008 completed her Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (Surgical) becoming the first veterinary nurse in Tasmania to do so
• In 2012 was nominated for the Hills Veterinary Nurse of the year & was a top 3 finalist
• At home she has Jimi the Smithfield, who keeps her busy taking her for walks and demanding that life revolves around him!
Melissa Amor Cert IV Veterinary Nursing — VETERINARY NURSE
"There is no greater joy then helping other bunnies jump higher then they ever thought they could" 💙
• Mel came to Veterinary Nursing in 2015 from a background in retail after rabbit ownership reignited a desire to work with and care for animals.
• She completed Certificate IV in veterinary nursing in August 2017.
• As a proud parent of two bunnies Ronnie and Rory, she has a particular interest in working with rabbits.
• Mel also has a cat named Sassafras and is interested in pursuing further studies including a Diploma of Veterinary Nursing.
• Mel says “I am proud to work for a veterinary hospital that is so committed to excellence in every aspect of patient care”.
Kylie Berry Certificate II in Animal Studies — RECEPTION MANAGER
“I love working with animals and being involved with making a difference to their health and wellbeing”
• Has completed Adult Ed - Snake Handling and Adult Ed – Wildlife Rehabilitation Course
• Joined us in 2012 after owning her own business.
• Has a keen interest in wildlife rehabilitation
• Lives with a crazy border collie cross called Tucker, way too many cats to count and several fish, spends her down time camping & fishing
• Hobart City Council Individual Award for Excellence 2015
• Kylie is currently on maternity leave
Kerry Cullen Certificate II Animal Studies — RECEPTION/CLIENT SERVICES
“Do what you love and love what you do”
• Studied Fine Arts at RMIT, Melbourne
• Has travelled extensively and lived in Ireland, England, New Zealand and America
• Joined the NHVH Reception team in 2013 and thrives in our busy & varied environment where no two days are the same!
• Proud owner of two beautiful horses Jess & Vesper
• Shares her very small flat with two very bouncy pups, Bronte and Arlo
Blair Gannon Certificate II in Veterinary Nursing, Certificate 2 in Business — HEAD VETERINARY NURSE (Joint Role)
“Dreamed of working in the veterinary industry from a small child”
• Joined the NHVH team in April 2005 and soon completed her Certificate 2 in Veterinary Nursing
• Had a love for animals since being a small child and was always bringing injured wildlife home.
• At home Blair has two cats, Murphy & Monty, and a three legged Dogs Home special called Hendrix
• Particularly enjoys the challenge of complex surgical cases
• Undoubtedly the tidiest person at NHVH
Kendall Manson Certificate II in Animal Studies — VETERINARY NURSE
“Being able to help those who can't help themselves is what I love about my job”
• Kendall started working as a veterinary nurse in 2010 and joined the NHVH team in 2011
• Is one of our nominated Cat Advocates in our ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic accreditation
• Lives with a Kelpie X called Asta and a cat named BMO
• Particularly enjoys the challenges of working with specialist surgeons
• Loves working with a team of people who feel like a second family
Jessica Fox Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing, Diploma in Event Management — VETERINARY NURSE
“The best part of my job is returning happy, healthy pets into the loving arms of their owners”
• Started working in the animal industry in New South Wales at a dog rescue centre
• Moved to Hobart in 2013 and joined the NHVH team
• Has a keen interest in emergency and critical care nursing’
• Is the veterinary nurse for the visiting specialist dermatologist
• Has two beautiful Border Collies at home – Arnie and George
Amy Logue Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing & Certificate IV in Training and Education — VETERINARY NURSE
"A passion for emergency and critical care"
• Amy has 20 years nursing experience
• She has worked in a specialist referral hospital, as well as University Teaching Hospital
• Has experience in small and large animal practices – Equine ICU/NICU & after hours ICU and Emergency
• Has travelled to Borneo and Uganda for Great Ape Conservation Projects, & to Thailand & Cambodia with veterinary teams for de-sexing & rabies vaccination programs for street dogs and cats in remote communities.
Helen Heazelwood Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing — VETERINARY NURSE
“Feels blessed to be able to do what she has always loved, and continues to strive to produce the highest standard of both client and patient care”
• Started her veterinary nursing career over 30 years ago in Victoria
• Moved to Tasmania in 2012 and joined NHVH in 2013
• Currently studying Veterinary Nurse Nutrition Consultancy
• Has a small menagerie at home including cats, dogs, chickens, rabbits and a cockatiel
• Feels especially rewarded when helping patients through their journey of illness and back to health and their loving families
Sevgi Negis Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine — VETERINARY NURSE
• Sevgi is from Istanbul, Turkey where she studied and worked as a Veterinarian.
• She has been in Australia for 3 years, in the Northern Territory and has worked with horses, goats, small animals and even exotics.
• Sevgi moved to Tasmania in January 2019 to study aquaculture at UTAS.
• She loves travelling and has lived in Slovakia and Italy.
• Her well rounded and extensive experience has made her a hit with our clients.
• In her spare time Sevgi enjoys meeting different people, animals and rock climbing – plus thanks to this great nation she is quite partial to meat pies and BBQ’s!
Courtney Powell Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing — VETERINARY NURSE
“Could not imagine a day without animals”
• Joined NHVH in 2014
• Completed Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing in 2016
• At home has Harvey the dog and Boo the guinea pig
• Loves coming to work each day – it is more like a hobby than a job
• Loves the care and devotion we can give to all animals
Jo Whatley Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (surgery) — VETERINARY NURSE
“Brings humour, practicality and a wealth of knowledge to the workplace”
• Joined NHVH In 2003
• Completed her Diploma in 2012
• Has worked extensively in the UK as a veterinary nurse
• Particularly enjoys the more complex anaesthetics and surgeries
• Recently began a Degree in Business at the University of Tasmania
Emily Van Lierop Certificate II in Work & Training, Certificate II in Business Studies — VETERINARY NURSE -TRAINEE
“Passionate about ensuring a long & healthy life for all pets”
• Emily worked as a kennel hand at NHVH before coming on board full time in 2016
• Loves the variety of animals that this job offers
• Enjoys the facet that every day is a little different
• Has a dog called Reg and would like a new puppy as well
• Currently studying for Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
Erin Bell Cert II Animal Studies, Cert II in Retail & Business — TRAINEE VETERINARY NURSE
”I am passionate about helping care for animals and making a difference in the animal world.”
• Erin previously worked in retail management but left to pursue her dream of working with animals.
• She studied Certificate II Animal studies at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and says it was one of the most amazing experiences of her life.
• Erin is busy studying her certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing and is especially interested in medical nursing.
• Her happy cat Alfie was adopted from Ten Lives.
Louisa Smith Double Bachelor Degree in Zoology & Psychology — RECEPTIONIST
“I love learning new things, so I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge and skill base with the team at North Hobart Vet”
• Louisa has worked in customer service for over 10 years and
• Previously worked for a pet sitting company. Louisa has also managed a pet store and is always up for a challenge.
• She has a love for all animals, but a particular affinity for rabbits. She believes we have more to learn from animals than animals have to learn from us.